Friday 26 July 2013

Womens Business Directory South Africa

Hi this is John Currie from hangoutlocal.com and tonight we have Lindsay Grobler from She's Connected SA a dedicated women's business directory South Africa.

Lindsay, can you give us a little background to your expertise. How did you get into this business? 

Women wear so many hats at the various stages of both her personal and professional life – sometimes at the same time. They are mothers, wives, business owners, employees, grandmothers, daughters, friends, sisters, aunts, nieces, brides-to-be, mom’s-to-be ……women!!! The majority of which spend a lot of their time online searching for tools and resources to simplify and streamline their busy lifestyles – whether they are looking for service providers, products, articles, events, information – they are all in one place, yet all over the place…online, on the millions of different sites at our disposal.

Being a single mom and entrepreneur I know the importance of time management but could not find one single site that combined what I needed online, be it for the professional or personal side of my life. So I thought, how could I provide busy women like me with access to a community of women that had the best tools the web has to offer?

At the same time, being in business for myself I realised that there exists a need for entrepreneurs to have a community that could enable them to showcase and market their business online to o\women at the various stages of their personal and professional lives. So I came up with ShesConnected.co.za  – the platform to connect the 2.

Below Is A Live Video Interview with Lindsay Grobler of She's Connected SA



 As this is a competitive market, what do you do to make your services so appealing to your clients? 

It is EXTREMELY competitive as everywhere you turn there are online directories advertising products/services which means in order to succeed one has to do something different whilst at the same time offering the same i
f not more benefits to your potential customers. I believe I have structured my offering in such a way as to benefit both the advertisers as well as end users. I started by asking myself the most important question that both a potential advertiser and user would ask……

What makes our business directory different from other directories on the web?

We limit the number of advertisers per region

  • The reason for this is that we know you do not have the time to scroll through and contact hundreds of businesses looking for something. 
  • You want quick, in your area, quality and affordable products and services.....
  • and that's why we've provided only 5 services providers in each region (except nationwide who have a few more listings per category). 
  • Saves you time, saves you money and keeps you happy and organised.
  • Exclusive does not have to mean expensive!!
  • She’s Connected SA is well aware how precious our time is and has therefore made it relatively quick, easy and hassle-free to find a service provider in your area by following this simple philosophy for our business directory: keep it quick, minimal and affordable...hence the limit on the number of advertisers in each category/region
  • Each province as well as nationwide listings are listed on the top menu
  • Hover over your province and a drop-down will appear with the various categories
  • Click on the category you wish to use and voila find products/services in your area to suit your requirements.
*** IF YOU CANNOT FIND A CATEGORY YOU ARE LOOKING FOR OR IF YOUR AREA IS NOT LISTED IT SIMPLY MEANS WE HAVE NO BUSINESSES TO LIST THERE YET BUT KEEP CHECKING BACK AS WE ARE GETTING LISTINGS ALL THE TIME AND OUR SITE IS UPDATED DAILY***

We are the ONLY directory that provides a unique listing method on our social media platforms

 Pop on over to our Facebook page and be sure to like the page so as not to miss any notifications or posts

 In the albums on our page you will find each service provider listed in their region/category listed with their logo and contact details as well as the tag to their page

 So if you're out and about with no access to the web but still need something relatively urgently, you know that you can find it on our FB page

Tell us what makes you stand out as such a success as a marketer? 

First off thanks for the compliment, I think my success lies in the fact that I listen to people – every single person is a potential customer either by way of advertising their business with us or using my directory to find a supplier. I know I cannot use every single thing I hear or suggestion that is made to me and that I cannot keep everyone happy, but I listen to what they want, how they want it and I formulate my strategy around that. My philosophy is simple – if you give people what they want, what they have been asking for or striving to achieve in their business, you will succeed

Tell us about one of your specialties

I attempt to cater to both my advertisers and users’ needs at the same time.

For my advertisers, I provide individual exposure via our social media platforms as well as limit the number of listings in our directory – thereby giving them the opportunity to become the preferred supplier of choice to my users.

For the users of our website I always bear in mind that TIME is of the utmost importance and when they are searching for something online – they don’t want hundreds of choices as this is time consuming and usually bears no fruit but rather frustration and irritation. By limiting the number of advertisers I am cutting down on their time-consuming struggle to find what they are looking for, when they are looking for it and at the right price and quality.

What’s the biggest thing you have learned about building a successful business over the years of being in business?

Have a strategy – your own step by step guide to achieving what you want. Set your goals and put the steps and strategies in place to achieve that goal. “A goal without a plan is just a wish.”

Work hard, play hard and never give up! Just as you think it’s over something or someone will come along and make you realise all your hard work was worth the effort

View Us On On YouTube

No comments:

Post a Comment